This is what you will tell people at parties 👋
I work at one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe. We have a high-performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. We even made it to the list of the Financial Times top 1000 fastest-growing companies. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping. With more than 25,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is the leading shipping solution in Europe.
What you will do in this role 🤩
By integrating application security principles and practices into software development and operations, teams can deliver new software and services at agile speed without compromising application security. You will be a part of platform engineering with reach and impact towards our engineering department and practices.
In this role you will:
- Help the teams build secure software solutions by pushing left on security tools (such as security and data scanners).
- As a lead engineer you will be hands-on, but also help manage the performance of the security engineers, and help recruit and shape up more junior security engineers.
- Perform triage on reported vulnerabilities.
- Do proof of concepts providing detailed analyses on security vulnerabilities and possible solutions.
- Help develop and drive security roadmap and drive prioritization together with our agile lead.
- Be hands-on and work with DevOps and platform engineering in understanding infrastructure and automation when it comes to security implications.
- Conduct security research and vulnerability scans on our platform.
- Conduct source code and configuration security audits.
- Provide solid secret management and security monitoring.
- Raise security awareness within the organization.
Our perfect match💗
- At least 5 years of experience as a security engineer, in either cloud / networking / application related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience working as system / DevOps / infrastructure engineer.
- Strong experience working in AWS and its native services.
- Strong experience in having everything as code, working with Terraform and python as a glue language.
- Strong in communication, interaction with other engineers, and team / cross-team work.
- Strong influencing skills, being able to translate security threats into business impact.
- Hands-on experience with pushing left of security tools.
- Background in software engineering, preferably as a Python backend engineer.
- Experience working in an agile environment with multiple teams developing, testing, and deploying many times a day.
- Experience in large environments where you need to maintain quality at an ever-increasing scale.
You share our core values;
💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills.
🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym!
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
- Access to many different discount programs, shop til you drop! 🛍
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process.🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here