This is what you tell people at parties 👋
At Sendcloud we have an all-in-one shipping solution, where we automate the shipping processes for e-commerce. With more than 25,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is aiming to become the leading shipping solution worldwide. We have a high performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping.
What you will do in this role 🧐
As a Principal Engineer you will be part of one of our 11 teams. We are looking for seniority to be a technical guide for the rest of the team. Sendcloud integrates various carriers and online stores in a fast and intuitive tool, we are on our mission to build the largest shipping platform of the world. We release early and often. Our code base has a high test coverage, we apply continuous integration and we love to automate stuff to squeeze out manual steps in our process.
Our perfect match💗
- You have at least 6 years of working experience as a (senior) backend engineer with Python and frameworks like FastAPI and Django. Other Python web frameworks experience are a plus.
- You have experience with mentoring engineers
- You are a software engineer with working experience using Docker and AWS.
- You have extensive experience using and building REST API’s.
- Your code is always under test and version control (we use Git).
- You understand and design your code with observability in production in mind.
- You have developed distributed and scalable code.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You combine excellent business logic with superb technical skills in order to deliver high impact software solutions.
You share our core values;
- 💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills
- 🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- 28 holidays per year on a full-time basis + a free holiday on/around your birthday 🥳
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym, weekly bootcamp sessions and weekly online yoga sessions! 🧘
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process. 🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here!