This is what you tell people at parties 👋
At Sendcloud, we have an all-in-one shipping solution, where we automate the shipping processes for e-commerce. With more than 25,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is aiming to become the leading shipping solution worldwide. We have a high performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping.
What you will do in this role 🤩
As a Cloud Engineer you will be working on designing, creating, maintaining and securing the AWS based cloud infrastructure and services of Sendcloud.
You will be a part of the cloud engineering team (Platform services), who is working on the Sendcloud platform. That platform is used by our infrastructure and DevOps teams to deploy shared components and services and provide a high level of automation enabling developers to deploy, test and manage their applications/services themselves. As a part of the cloud engineering team your goal is to make the product development teams fully independent with a self-service, scalable platform.
Our perfect match💗
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You swear by Infrastructure as Code, preferably using Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience working with Python
- Security is for you a priority and not an afterthought.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You are a teamplayer and you like to share your opinion and knowledge.
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD, GitLab pipeline for provisioning and deployment of core platform components.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is nice to have.
You share our core values 🤩
- 💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills
- 🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
Our cloud tech-stack ☁️
Below is a list of all AWS services we use. As an ideal candidate you should have hands-on experience with the majority of these:
- Identity & access management
- AWS Organizations
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Single Sign-On
- AWS Security Hub
- Amazon GuardDuty
- AWS Config
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Networking and Content Delivery
- Amazon VPC
- AWS Transit Gateway
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Route 53
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon EC2 Spot
- AWS Lambda
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym!
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
- Access to many different discount programs, shop til you drop! 🛍
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process. 🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation.
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here