This is what you tell people at parties 👋
At Sendcloud we have an all-in-one shipping solution, where we automate the shipping processes for e-commerce. With more than 25,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is aiming to become the leading shipping solution worldwide. We have a high performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping.
What you will do in this role 🧐
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working on the Sendcloud platform within the platform domain. Your work will be distributed between the requirements set by engineering teams, while still being able to contribute to the overall platform standards and improvements. Platform is used by our software engineering teams to build, test, deploy and run software themselves. You will be responsible for onboarding those feature teams into the world of DevOps, and guide software engineers on the importance of inclusion of non-functional requirements (observability, operations, deployments, security, etc.), with how to define their CI/CD pipelines, and assist them with software development tooling.
As a part of the DevOps team your goal is to make the product engineering teams fully independent and more productive with a self-service, scalable platform and related software development tooling. You will co-work with the software engineers from engineering teams, making sure they know how to use the platform, automate repetitive tasks, and taking their feedback into account for further improvements.
Our perfect match 💗
- You have a background in development and/or operations.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in similar DevOps-related roles.
- You have experience with Linux, the command line doesn't scare you.
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services or one of the other large cloud providers.
- You swear by Infrastructure as Code.
- You have experience developing software yourself.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- You have strong experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and running production (micro)services.
- You have knowledge of Distributed systems, including containerized (micro)services and highly scalable web applications.
- You know what it takes to build high-quality software on a professional basis.
- You are eager to learn and keep improving yourself. You're up to date about the latest technologies and a passionate Engineer.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- You are a team player and you like to share your opinion and knowledge.
- You have experience actively educating people.
Nice to have 🤩
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with canary deployments.
- Experience with Datadog.
You share our core values;
- 💩 No bullshit: We don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills
- 🎠 Have fun: You are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym, weekly bootcamp sessions and weekly online yoga sessions!
- Pension scheme
- Discount on health insurance
- Access to many different discount programs, shop til you drop! 🛍
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process. 🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here!