This (hybrid) job position is based in our Eindhoven HQ, we expect you to be at least once a week on-site.
This is what you tell people at parties 👋
I work at one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe. We have a high performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. We even made it to the list of the Financial Times top 1000 fastest growing companies. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping. With more than 23,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is the leading shipping solution in Europe.
What you will do in this role 🧐
We are looking for an Engineering Manager that will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching 2 multi-disciplinary software development teams. Your focus will be on software development and operations in a sub-domain of our business, e.g. Track & Trace and Returns, Order Processing, Shop Integration, or Carrier Integration.
- Lead, develop and coach 2 development teams, with 6-8 people in each team; mixed with front-end & back-end developers, and QA & UX Engineers.
- Hire new colleagues and build the team
- People development; evaluations, feedback and reviewing
- Deliver milestones on the product roadmap together with Product Owners and Key Stakeholders
- Execute on the IT roadmap with architectural improvements
- Together with your peer Engineering Managers, you will run the software engineering organisation
Our perfect match💗
- You have at least 8 years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record from team member to a leadership position, of which 3 years in a management/leading position
- You have experience as a line manager of multiple disciplines (Front-end, back-end, QA and UX)
- You have experience with both building (development) and running software (operations)
- You have worked in large scale online environments (SaaS, e-commerce, online business)
- You live and breath agile principles in your way of working: you’re able to coach peers and team members to improve this
- You know everything from cloud native principles and you understand how this translates to technical solutions
- You are a strong communicator: presenting, getting everyone on board for your ideas, having good (and sometimes tough) conversations
You share our core values;
- 💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills
- 🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- 28 holidays per year on a full-time basis + a free holiday on/around your birthday 🥳
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Choose your own device: Dell XPS13 laptop or MacBook Pro 16GB
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym, weekly bootcamp sessions and weekly online yoga sessions! 🧘
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
- Access to many different discount programs, shop til you drop! 🛍
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process. 🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here!