This is what you tell people at parties 👋
At Sendcloud we have an all-in-one shipping solution, where we automate the shipping processes for e-commerce. With more than 25,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is aiming to become the leading shipping solution worldwide. We have a high performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping.
What you will do in this role 🧐
Sendcloud integrates various carriers and online stores in a fast and intuitive tool, we are on our mission to build the largest shipping platform of the world. We release early and often. Our code base has a high test coverage, we apply continuous integration and we love to automate stuff to squeeze out manual steps in our process.
As Lead Engineer you will lead one of our 15 feature teams. From your excellent technical knowledge, you will work together with your team to ensure successful deliveries. Next to your role as Individual Contributor, you will manage and grow your team members. We expect you to provide pragmatic guidance, to encourage future proof architectural decisions and align them with the other feature teams. You will report and work closely together with your Engineering Manager on both the technology and people management aspects of the team.
Our perfect match💗
- You lead by example and you enjoy mentoring your colleagues on and on making your team successful, while being a hands-on engineer.
- You have at least 6 years of working experience as a (senior) backend engineer with Python and frameworks like FastAPI and/or Django. Other Python web frameworks experience are a plus.
- You enjoy working in an agile environment and you are excellent at giving and receiving feedback (frequently).
- You have a track record of working together with stakeholders to deliver high value features and technical improvements.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with leading a cross functional engineering team
- You are a software engineer with working experience using Containers and AWS. Knowing about Kubernetes is a big plus!
- You have developed distributed and scalable code.
- You have extensive experience using and building REST API’s.
- Your code is always under test and version control (we use Git).
- You understand and design your code with observability in mind.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
You share our core values;
- 💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills
- 🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- 28 holidays per year on a full-time basis + a free holiday on/around your birthday 🥳
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym, weekly bootcamp sessions and weekly online yoga sessions! 🧘
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We offer (in-house) relocation assistance, which will make sure that you have a smooth relocation process. 🏠
- A relocation allowance of €3.000 (net) to help you cover the costs of your move to the Netherlands.
- A flight ticket to the Netherlands for you (and your partner and children moving with you, if applicable);
- Transfer from the airport to your first accommodation
- We will help you out with your work VISA (and legal fees) and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here!